A Message from Swarthmore Swim Club:
Hi employee! Below are the necessary links and information for the new clearance rules:
PA CHILD ABUSE CHECK:
PA STATE CHECK
FBI BACKGROUND CHECK (IF REQUIRED, FBI background check is required for everyone who has not resided in PA for 10 years):
Some things to note:
- On July 25, 2015, Governor Wolf waived the fees for clearances for volunteers and reduced the cost of clearances for employment purposes from $10 to $8.
- Clearances are now good for five (5) years instead of three
- Volunteer Clearances are not accepted for employment, however an employee clearance can be used to volunteer
- The standard for what requires clearances is defined as someone who provides "care, supervision, guidance, or control" AND have "routine interaction" with the children. "Routine interaction" is defined as regular and repeated contact that is integral to the person's employment or volunteer responsibilities."
- Minor employees (14-17) are now exempt from the FBI check if they have been a resident of the commonwealth for the previous 10 years.
- Submitting an application online allows individual applicants to receive their results through an automated system that will notify the applicant once their results have been processed. Applicants will be able to view and print their results online. The self-service portal also provides the ability for organizations to create business accounts to prepay for child abuse clearances and have online access to the results.